We spoke with Dr. Sanj Mohanta, a Dental practitioner at WellFort Community Health Centre, on today’s show.
She provides us with updates on the impact of the Covid Pandemic on publicly funded dental clinics and how they had to adapt their services to continue to treat and care for their community members.
Dr. Sanj Mohanta also goes into depth about losing part of her identity when she couldn’t practice during the lockdown and provides tips on establishing a sense of self when all things feel lost.
We also cover topics such as:
- Teledentistry experience for publicly-funded practice
- Busting myths on what a government-assisted practice is really like
- What is the process for a publicly-funded dental office to choose a software and equipment
- Future of publicly-funded dental practices
- Are budgets shrinking for publicly-funded practices?
- Best practices for dental practices on social media platforms
Dr. Sanj Mohanta is the chair of the Ontario Dental Association’s Community Services Committee, past president of the Halton-Peel Dental Association and, among other accomplishments, successfully delegated to keep water fluoridation in her region.
Linkedin: Dr. Sanj Mohanta
Website: Wellfort Community Health Centre – Health n’Smiles
Intro/Outro Music: Ventura by Morgan Taylor
Beyond the Dental Chair Podcast is sponsored by SOWINGO Inc : a cloud-based eCommerce and dental inventory management solution that enables you to efficiently purchase dental supplies, track all inventory, and monitor supply levels. For more information please visit https://sowingo.com/